Monday, March 24, 2008

The Feast of the Goat 0.5

Unfortunately, I have not been able to read more than a couple of chapters up to this point but I'll make a couple of observations briefly and hopefully add more soon.

I was almost in shock when I started reading this book...A woman's point of view! I thought women didn't have a voice in these novels! Of course, this was written in 2000, so I guess things have changed a bit. I like the fact that this novel is written from more than one point of view and I find myself enjoying the slippages through time, both within chapters and from one chapter to the next.

I haven't read enough about the dictator yet to be able to talk about him in a meaningful way but he seems to have a fondness for sharks...

At least this time we see there is a plot to get rid of the tyrant...

One other note: I am enjoying the humour in this novel as well...

No comments: